Monday, June 16, 2008

I Love Me Better Than That!

I Love Me Better Than That


I heard this song for the first time a couple of months ago and it struck me to the very core of my soul. One of my favorite lines says, "I know I made my mistakes, but it's never too late!" Thank you Jesus, my Savior, my Rescuer and my Redeemer! Yes, Jesus is many things to me, but I know Him very intimately in those ways. He not only saved, rescued and redeemed me from eternal damnation, but He also saved, rescued and redeemed me from what seemed like a life of hell here on earth.

I really didn't know what to make of the title of this song (loving yourself) at first, because initially it seemed a little selfish/ self-centered until I listened to it in the context of the whole song. There is one line which says, "It's impossible to love somebody else when you don't even love yourself." Hello!!! Loving others and loving God is pretty important in our Christian walk! I know, first hand, truly how difficult, if not impossible, it is to love others & God when you don't love yourself. I have many years of experience in not loving myself, others or God, and believe me I don't ever want to go there again!

We must love ourselves in order to fulfil our destinies in Christ. Above all, we must learn to view ourselves like God views us, because it is only then that we can begin to grow in genuine intimacy with our Heavenly Father, and that is our highest calling as His children. We truly are precious in His sight! From intimate fellowship with Him will flow a desire to cherish, protect, and cultivate our God-given gifts and talents so that we may optimize them for His service in order to build up the Body and bring lost souls into the Kingdom.

2 comments:

Christy said...

That was fabulous! Thanks!

Lynn said...

Love the post... and along with that... you have to accept the fact that God can forgive you, so that you can forgive yourself. Funny isn't it, that love and forgiveness go hand in hand, even when it comes to ourselves!