Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Rebecca!

This post is a little late coming, because I was waiting to upload a picture from our camera. It seems that, at least for now, the software on our computer doesn't want to cooperate, so I will just have to describe the picture for you.

It was taken this past Sunday afternoon, and it is beautiful picture of my mom, my sister Rebecca, and myself together in the baptismal pool at GCC. We are are all smiles, all huddled together, and they are good and drenched! Rebecca finally took the leap and put her faith in Jesus during the 11:00 service at GCC on Easter. I had the honor of baptising her later that afternoon, after our families enjoyed a delicious meal at Huber's. (I also baptised my mom. She has been a believer as far back as she can remember, but she grew up in the Catholic Church and had only been "sprinkled" as a baby.) What an honor- as I know that my mom had a whole lot to do with praying me into the Kingdom!

In that very moment that we were all changing back into our our dry clothes, I flashed back to an evening sometime last month where I vividly remember sitting with Rebecca in my living room reading and teaching her the story of Jesus and Nicodemus from the Gospel of John. It prompted me to turn to her and say, "Happy Birthday!" She looked a little confused, but I reminded her that now she was officially reborn. We both smiled.

What a wonderful way to celebrate Easter! Please keep Rebecca in your prayers as she begins her new life in Christ!

1 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Praise the Lord! I'm sure it was a day you'll never forget - for you & your whole family! What a comfort to know your families relationship with Christ is growing!

I can't wait to see the pictures!