Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Do You Know Your Name?

This man was extraordinary. Richard Wurmbrand was born March 24, 1909 and died February 17, 2001. He was a Romanian evangelical Christian minister, author, and educator who spent a total of fourteen years imprisoned in Romania. He is also the founder of the Voice of the Martyrs. I read about him for a while today before I even came across this video that I am sharing. I don't care to write explicit details concerning the various tortures he endured and witnessed during his time in captivity, but if you are curious, it is not that difficult to find on the WEB. He is an inspiration to all who claim the name of Christ.

Watch this video and see if it doesn't put you in your place! Sometimes it's good to be put in your place. Most Christians I know, including myself, can so EASILY forget what it's really about as we live as spoiled, whiny Americans- so easily offended and so easily distracted from hearing that still small Voice- even on our best days. Do you really have much to be upset or depressed about?!? Do your problems still seem so big?!? I know I needed this. It is still so easy to fall into the enemy's trap of thinking that it's all about us- and it's not!

My question to you is, "What is Your Name?"

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

What a life dedicated to Christ! We are so sheltered on the struggles people have to endure to worship our Lord. We are so blessed to be able to freely Praise Him!

Thanks for sharing that video!

Lynn said...

Very powerful video... and so sad... 14 years... and so amazing... in those 14 years that he drew closer to Christ... makes you wonder how many of us could do the same!

drmacab97 said...

Wow-very powerful. Thanks for sharing!